Dr Darragh O'Brien
I currently teach the following courses:
- CA117 Computer Programming II
- CA321 Operating Systems Design and Implementation
- CA645 Network Security
- CA647 Secure Programming
Research Group:Language and Intelligence
Associated Research Centres:
Research Institute for Networks and Communications Engineering (RINCE)
- Secure software development
- Embedded systems security
- Network security
- H. Li, D. O'Brien and R. Scaife. Robust tracking of glottal LF model parameters by multi-estimate fusion. In Proceedings of the 20th European Signal Processing Conference 2012.
- H. Li, R. Scaife and D. O'Brien. Automatic LF-model fitting to the glottal source waveform by extended Kalman filtering. In Proceedings of the 20th European Signal Processing Conference 2012.
- H. Li, R. Scaife and D. O'Brien. Comparison of time- and frequency domain based LF-model fitting methods for voice source parameterisation. In Proceedings of the ISSC 2012.
- H. Li, R. Scaife and D. O'Brien. LF model based glottal source parameter estimation by extended Kalman filtering. In Proceedings of the ISSC 2011.
- C. Kelly, B. McMullin and D. O'Brien. Enrichment of interaction rules in a string-based artificial chemistry. In Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Artificial Life 2008.
- D. Fitzpatrick, H. Y. Luan and D. O'Brien. Agent-based network intrusion detection. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Information Technology and Telecommunication 2008.
- B. Kirkpatrick, D. O'Brien, R. Scaife and A. Errity. On the role of spectral dynamics in unit selection speech synthesis. In Proceedings of Interspeech 2007.
- B. Kirkpatrick, D. O'Brien and R. Scaife. Feature transformation applied to the detection of discontinuities in concatenated speech. In Proceedings of the 6th ISCA Workshop on Speech Synthesis 2007.
- B. Kirkpatrick, D. O'Brien, R. Scaife and A. Errity. Spectral dynamics as a source of discontinuity in concatenative speech synthesis. In Proceedings of the International Conference on DSP 2007.
- S. Seufert and D. O'Brien. Machine learning for automatic defence against distributed denial of service attacks. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications 2007.
- D. O'Brien and A. I. C. Monaghan. Concatenative speech synthesis based on a harmonic model. IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing. 2001.
Active Research Grants:
Graduated postgraduate research students:
- Haoxuan Li (PhD 2013)
- Ciaran Kelly (PhD 2010)
- Barry Kirkpatrick (PhD 2010)
- Darren Fitzpatrick (MSc 2010)
- Hai Ying Luan (MSc 2010)