Dr. Markus Helfert
My research and teaching interests are centered on Business Informatics and Information Systems as response to the observation that many organisations today are struggling to manage complex IT systems. Aiming to increase the information value proposition of organisations, the primary focus of my research and teaching is at the conjunction of IT, Software Engineering and Business Studies. This is the main focus of the Business Informatics Group.
BIG: Business Informatics Group
Initial research focused on developing Information Quality Management approaches and models that enables organisations to deliver better information to decision makers. This research has been expanded by tools and approaches for analytical IS and business process modelling. Incorporating principles of quality management, we have developed modelling techniques and methods to manage and increase the value of information in organisations. In addition to public funded research projects, we also carry out collaborative research projects with industrial partners from various sectors.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Markus Helfert: Challenges of business processes management in healthcare - Experience in the Irish Healthcare Sector -, Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 15. No. 6, 2009, pp.: 937 - 952.
- Helfert, Markus, Ge, Mouzhi: State Quo and Future Agenda in Information Quality Research, China Science & Technology Resources Review, Vol.41, No.1, (ISSN 1674-1544), 2009. pp. 5-16.
- Abdelaziz Khadraoui, Michel Leonard, Thanh Thoa Pham Thi, Markus Helfert: A framework for compliance of legacy Information Systems with legal aspect, AIS Transaction on Enterprise Systems, Vol 1, No. 1, 2009, pp. 15-26.
- Helfert, Markus: Business Informatics: An Engineering Perspective on Information Systems, in Journal of Information Technology Education, Volume 7, 2008, pp: 223-245.
- Mouzhi Ge, Markus Helfert, Effects of Information Quality on Inventory Management. International Journal of Information Quality (ISSN: 1751-0457), Inderscience Publishers, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp 176-191, 2008
- Levis, Mary, Brady, Malcolm, Helfert, Markus, "Total Quality Management Underpins Information Quality Management", The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge (JAABC), 14, 1, 172-178. 2008
- Levis, Mary, Brady, Malcolm, Helfert, Markus "Website Design Quality and Form Input Validation: An Empirical Study on Irish Corporate Websites", Journal of Service Science and Management (JSSM), 1, 1, 91-100. 2008
- Helfert, Markus, Dzhumalieva, Stefka, Introducing Process Management in E-Government and Healthcare, in Herald of NTU "KhPI" Vol.5, 2008, pp. 16-26.
- Pham Thi, Thanh Thoa; Helfert, Markus:. 2007. Modelling Information Manufacturing Systems. International Journal of Information Quality, Vol. 1, 1, pp5-21.