is based on my new site "Ancient Brain".
To get familiar with the site,
and follow the steps on the front page.
The site has help files and Docs for coding JS and JS graphics. And see also my notes:
Click to run World: Collision World
at Ancient Brain
Click to run Mind: Complex Mind
in World: Complex World
at Ancient Brain
The ca318 practical is to write an interesting World
- Use your proper name (no nicknames), or your work may not be properly credited to you.
- Make an interesting 2D or 3D world.
e.g. Try to implement
chess, or pac man,
or a first-person shooter, or something else.
Use your imagination.
- You can make a World that is
controlled by a Mind (i.e. an AI problem),
or one that is just controlled by the user (i.e. a game).
If you want a challenge, these things should be possible:
Like a 3rd year project, marks will be awarded for many things.
- Marks for creative or beautiful Worlds.
- Marks for proving your World is a difficult problem.
e.g. Show how naive Mind solutions would fail on this World.
- Marks for a creative Mind solution to your World.
- Marks for use of AI in the sample Mind.
- If your World is human-controlled, marks for showing it is hard for humans
/ humans enjoyed playing it.
- Marks for proving your World is a good copy of a known problem.
- Marks for showing bugs and flaws in our server.
Obfuscate your JS
By definition anyone can see your JS.
Our server allows you to save your public JS as obfuscated code.
When you edit it, the non-obfuscated version is shown to you.
For this practical, I want you to obfuscate your JS
so other students cannot use it.
See the "obfuscate" option when editing.
Submission is entirely done through the server.
By the deadline:
- Your Worlds and Minds (if any) are online and working.
- Notes for the marker
(discussion of how hard the World is, how it is designed, how the Mind solves it, discussion of bugs, etc. etc.)
should be in comments in the World JS.
- Your comments
will not be visible to other users, who only see obfuscated code with comments gone.
But I will be able to see them.
After you get your mark
After you get your mark, you can do the following:
- Delete your work.
- Leave your work on the server, in case others want to use it.
- Leave your work up, and unobfuscate it,
to make it easy for others to build on it.
This is what I hope you do, but: (1) it is optional,
and: (2) wait until you are marked.