Help on search
- How to use:
- Type in a word or number of words.
society of mind.
- This searches the HTML code itself.
img border width.
- It matches any case.
- This searches for strings inside words.
"Maximize Unhappiness" or
"Maximize Collective Happiness".
- Any non-alphanumeric characters are turned into spaces,
which mean here not a literal space but rather "any sequence of characters".
will search for "dcu" followed later on the line by "ie"
followed later on the line by "humphrys".
It is the same as
dcu ie humphrys
- Check if I link to a website by searching for it:
- About the search engine:
- The search works like grep,
if you are familiar with that.
- It searches for the pattern all on the same line of the file.
- The search engine works like grep, because it is grep.
It was written by me
and has a grep at the core of it.
This search engine
started off as mostly Shell,
with grep at the core,
and a C++ front end for sanitising input.
It has now been re-written in PHP,
with no C++,
and no Shell except for one system call to
grep at the core.