Project ideas for 3rd year, 4th year or Masters
(depending on how ambitious the project ends up).
Right now, I am focused on projects for
There is a lot of scope for projects with this site.
To get familiar with the site,
and go to
How to code.
See also my notes:
A sample Ancient Brain "World", with 3d models that users can upload to the site.
Click to run World: Car models with light reflection
at Ancient Brain
Open in new window ("Open window") to see full menu for this World.
In the menu, you can change car models and switch skin. ("Chrome" is nice.)
Another Ancient Brain "World", with physics.
Click to run World: Collision World at Ancient Brain.
Mouse drag to move camera,
and scroll to zoom camera.
Project: Write an interactive syllabus for Ancient Brain
Ancient Brain will
(it is hoped)
be of use in teaching programming.
It already has two courses ported to it (but not adapted to it):
What it needs:
- A fun course in programming aimed at schoolkid non-programmers,
making specific use of Ancient Brain features,
and using schoolkid-friendly language.
I already have some offline material for this that needs editing.
- A school or university course in Physics, using editable JS Worlds to illustrate the course.
- A school or university course in Mathematics, using editable JS Worlds to illustrate the course.
- A school or university course in Astronomy, using editable JS Worlds to illustrate the course.
- A school or university course in other subjects, using editable JS Worlds to illustrate the course.
What you do:
- Make a syllabus that makes use of the JS graphics possible on Ancient Brain.
Teach sorting numbers and strings
by sorting actual 3D blocks. And so on.
- Make a series of lessons, where the lesson regularly breaks to do coding either by the teacher or by the class.
- Make exercises that make use of the
Make it easy for teachers/lecturers to set a problem and mark it.
Upload standard problems in programming.
Find a way to keep the students away from the JS console
- When JS has serious errors, will find explanation in JS console.
- But for learners, JS console is confusing.
- Worlds in the teaching course could trap the console message and display it on screen in the World.
- e.g. A "black cube of death" descends from the sky with the console error message on it.
Project: Port 400 Three.js examples to Ancient Brain
Project: Generalised JS porter
Program to generalise the above.
Port any JS anywhere to Ancient Brain.
Get an AI project,
using say State Space Search, or Machine Learning,
working on Ancient Brain.
This will probably use the World-Mind (problem-solution) division.
include third-party JS libraries
for the AI algorithm.
Or write your own.
- My AI notes:
- There are already AI worlds on Ancient Brain:
- Awesome Machine Learning list of libraries by language
For learning, and then storing what you have learnt,
- AI experiments - Minds calling Minds
- Minds can return action = (a,W) - with extra fields for Action selection - that World ignores
Click to run World: Character recognition neural network
at Ancient Brain
Project: Chatbot on Ancient Brain
- Text-based chatbot World.
- Scrolling chat window.
- Save chat logs using
See LISP code.