How to submit practicals - What to hand up
When students write a program, I can test it by the following options:
- Run your program myself in my own account.
- Get you to run it in your account in front of me.
- Have your program automatically run and marked as it is submitted.
I have done this in the past.
Takes some setting up.
- Get you to submit enough paperwork
so I can see it works without running it.
Code should be commented.
- ALL source code
- Sample screen shots
- Some (or all) of the input and output
(e.g. samples of HTML data, samples of XML data, etc.)
Printouts of program code should be:
- Fixed-width font.
- Landscape mode.
For this course I do no.4.
I may also do no.2 if there is time.
If you do not submit screen shots, you will fail.
I want paper copies, not electronic copies.
I will not mark electronic submissions.
Make sure these are written on your submission:
- Lecturer: Mark Humphrys
- Your name
- Your student number
How to send it to me:
- Leave it in the project box in L114.
- Give it to me at lectures/labs.
- Post it to me.