ENABLE is a joint SFI-funded spoke between CONNECT, Insight and Lero supporting projects connecting communities with smart urban environments through the Internet of Things.
My research interests include multimedia analytics, semantic search and data integration. I've worked in a variety of applications domains including security, technology enhanced learning, biomedical, multimedia archives (news), autonomous vehicles, internet of things and smart communities. I work with tools such as machine learning, computer vision, data management, ontologies and will generally reach for Python when I need to process data or implement a solution.
- AI in Action podcast, 22 August 2018
- "The Pipeline Protectors: 33 women educating the next generation of STEM talent", Silicon Republic, 8 March 2018
- Croke Park IOT Smart Stadium - Suzanne Little, 21 June 2017
- Focus on research: Dr Suzanne Little, Insight, Techcentral.ie, 23 June 2017
- "Croke Park IOT Smart Stadium - Suzanne Little", Microsoft Developer Network Channel 9, 21 June 2017
- "Placing gender equity in STEM on the radar", Irish Times, 20 June 2017
- Featured researcher, SFI Science Apprentice Children’s Book series on Connected Futures, 26 Nov 2016
- "Research Lives: Dr Suzanne Little, Dublin City University lecturer and researcher in the Insight Centre for Data Analytics", Irish Times, 23 June 2016
Cloud Large Scale Video Analytics.
EU H2020 project in Big Data, utilising video data from automotive testing to address driver safety and support systems (ASAS) and advanced localisation/cartography as a data source to advance and scale video analytics.
EU H2020 Big Data, 2016-2018
Vision Inspired Driver Assistance Systems
Applying computer vision to the 720o of video data gathered from instrumented vehicles to identify and classify situations externally and internally.
EU H2020 MG3.6 Mobility, 2016-2019
Smart Stadium for Smarter Living
A collaborative initiative between DCU, Arizona State University (ASU), Intel, Microsoft and Croke Park to build an IoT testbed at Croke Park (Ireland) and Sun Devil (Arizona) Stadiums.
Silicon Republic article
Analysis System for Gathered Raw Data
Multimodal data integration from massive amounts of seized and gathered data (documents, photographs, recordings, video, etc.) to support law enforcement and forensics. EU H2020 FCT-1 Security, 2016-2020
SFI Discover Grant to run local events encouraging and facilitating girls (13-17) to consider computing (and other STEM) as a career option. Collaborating with Coding Grace and looking to engage with the many other initiatives in this space.
See here for a list of suggestions for 3rd year, 4th year & MCM projects (2017/2018).
Data Management & Visualisation
Practical introduction to all aspects of gathering, cleaning, managing and visualising data including big data. Offered in the MCM and graduate studies courses. This module is run via Loop (Moodle). Please see the module page for all details and references.
Data Processing & Visualisation
I've made appointment slots ("Student consultation") available via my staff google calendar on Thursday afternoons. Go to http://goo.gl/qr9bvF, preferably while logged in to your DCU student address and find a suitable time slot. Contact me directly to make other appointments.
(call extension 6052 from the phone near the elevator on level 2)
Phone: +353 1 700 6052